Saturday, July 21, 2012

What My Husband Didn't Do


Months ago I was asked the question how did my husband show his support of my choice to breastfeed our son? I am ashamed to admit that I couldn’t think of a single thing my husband had done or said. Recently I turned this question inside out and took another look. What had my husband not done? When viewed this way it became blindingly clear all the ways my quiet husband had been my mainstay throughout my breastfeeding experience and parenting. Read about it here.


2 comments:

  1. from Tina Pashia Risley: this made me cry! so beautiful, Jennifer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Posted on La Leche League's wall: Okay, I am crying over here! That is just so beautiful. Having a partner that is supportive of breastfeeding makes such a HUGE difference in success rates! I think we can all also associate with the idea of letting go and how painful that will be but you have handled it with such grace and beauty. Thanks for inspiring us!

    ReplyDelete